This holiday season, our chefs are sharing some of their own family recipes! Check this one out from Justin!
Beef tenderloin (serves about 15)
Have butcher clean one whole tenderloin (6-8#). Season with salt, pepper, Tony Chacherie’s, Montreal Steak Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and let sit overnight. Preheat grill and sear on high heat both sides. Pour marinade juices into a skillet and add 2 tablespoons margarine and 1 cup red wine. Bring to a boil then baste the meat as it cooks. Reduce heat and cook until thickest center piece is medium rare (135 degrees). The tails will be medium. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Cut two heads of cauliflower. In a mixing bowl, make an egg wash of 3 eggs and 2 cups of milk. In another bowl, pour 4 cups Italian bread crumbs, 1 cup grated parmesan and season with Tony’s. Coat the cauliflower in the egg wash, then dredge in the bread crumbs.
Heat oil in either a fryer or a deep pot to 375. Drop in the cauliflower and cook until golden brown. Once done, remove from oil and set on a tray lined with paper towels and season with salt.
Shrimp reoulade salad
In the container of a food processor, combine 4 celery stalks, 4 green onions, 1 small yellow onion and 1 cup parsley. Pulse until finely chopped. Add 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup tomato puree, 1/2 cup creole mustard and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times. With the food processor running, drizzle 1.25cup canola oil in a steady stream, processing until blended. Stir in paprika. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight
Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add 3 tbs salt, 2 sliced lemon, 2 fl oz liqiud seafood boil and 2 fl oz worchestire sauce. Let boil 10 minutes then add 3 ln 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp. Bring back to a boil and let cook 5-7 minutes, until shrimp turn pink. Drain the shrimp and run under cold water to stop cooking. Refrigerate.
Thinly slice 2 heads of iceberg lettuce. Take the cooked shrimp and toss with the dressing. Place the shrimp over the lettuce, garnish with pieces of lemon and sliced green onion.
Bananas foster (serves four)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas, cut in half lengthwise, then halved
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a flambé pan or skillet.
- Place the pan over low heat either on an alcohol burner or on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the banana liqueur, then place the bananas in the pan.
- When the banana sections soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum.
- Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum.
- When the flames subside, lift the bananas out of the pan and place four pieces over each portion of ice cream.
- Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately.